PECO customers must act now to take advantage of limited funding available this heating season for Pennsylvania through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
LIHEAP grants are now available, and because of potential reduced funding this season, less money could be available to help low-and fixed-income customers pay their bills. Currently $190 million is available to help Pennsylvania customers.
LIHEAP is a federal program that provides assistance to individuals who are having trouble paying their electric, natural gas or other energy bills. Homeowners, renters, roomers and subsidized housing tenants may be eligible. Last year, LIHEAP provided more than $14.4 million in grant assistance for PECO customers.
“With a reduction in funding to support LIHEAP this year, it is essential our customers submit their applications now, before the limited funding runs out,” said Patricia King, PECO’s manager of Universal Services. “We are reaching out to customers through community forums, proactive calls, direct mail and advertising to ensure eligible customers know help is available.”The LIHEAP program provides cash grants, up to $1,000 per customer, through a direct payment to a vendor, such as a utility like PECO. LIHEAP also has money allocated for emergencies including payments to reinstate service that has been shut off for non-payment, fuel payments, and repairing leaking pipes and broken furnaces. The maximum grant funding for emergencies like these is $500 per customer. Grants are based on household size and income, type of fuel used and county of residence – and a family of four with an annual household income of $35,525 can qualify for help. To be eligible, annual household income cannot exceed 150 percent of the Federal poverty income guidelines, or:
- $17,235 One person household
- $23,265 Two person household
- $29,295 Three person household
- $35,325 Four person household
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV