Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), a manufacturer of 3D printers and materials for personal use, prototyping, and production, today debuted the second generation of its Digital ABS material, named Digital ABS2. The new material, designed for Stratasys PolyJet 3D Printers, is designed to enable users to produce thin-walled models with high dimensional stability. It is now available in ivory in addition to the existing green color.
Enhanced software increases the material’s rigidity, durability and functionality of thin wall elements. This is aimed at improving form, fit, and assembly for prototyping or production applications.
In addition, the material’s rigidity makes it ideal for 3D printing cores and cavities for use in low-volume injection molding applications using thermoplastics. Benefits include sharper edges, which hold up better, and the improved ability to 3D print small parts such as pins and other thin features that are strong enough to handle the high stresses of the injection molding process.
“In addition to general purpose applications, Digital ABS2 is ideal for prototyping consumer electronics and other consumer goods, including small appliances and cell phones, which require high stability with thin-wall geometries,” says Fred Fischer, director of materials and applications product management at Stratasys.Stratasys PolyJet digital materials are composite materials created by simultaneously jetting two distinct PolyJet materials. The two are combined in specific concentrations and structures to provide unique mechanical properties and to provide a closer look, feel and function to the end-product. Stratasys Digital ABS materials combine high-temperature resistance with enhanced strength and stability to produce models that can sustain high impact. Digital ABS2 is available for Objet Connex systems. More information is available on the Stratasys website at Digital ABS. For further information on Stratasys 3D Printers and materials, call:
- USA 1-877-489-9449
- Europe/Middle East/Africa +49-7229-7772-0
- Asia Pacific +852 39448888
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV