IBM Expands Big Data PortfolioIBM is also announcing an expansion of its BLU Acceleration portfolio to help clients harness Big Data and analytics. IBM is introducing an early access preview of BLU Acceleration for Cloud (bluforcloud.com), a solution that will offer IBM's advanced technologies powered by BLU Acceleration in-memory database and business analytics technologies, for powerful, agile warehousing delivered with cloud simplicity. This offering provides fast and simple self-service insight for business analysts and technical professionals. This news comes on the heels of the recently announced IBM BLU Acceleration Solution - Power Systems Edition which exploits POWER7+ processor-based technology for 8x to 25x faster reporting and analytics and 10x storage space savings. IBM is also delivering BLU Acceleration capabilities as part of its IBM PureSystems family of expert integrated systems. The new IBM Business Intelligence Pattern with BLU Acceleration (BI-BLU) works with IBM PureApplication System to make it simple and fast for organizations to benefit from high speed analytics using advanced in-memory technologies.
Additional new technologies announced as part of the IBM Big Data portfolio include:
- New Big Data exploration capabilities for InfoSphere Data Explorer, a search-based Big Data exploration tool that helps clients distinguish different forms of data through data exploration and discovery, and helps clients visualize structured and unstructured data from multiple diverse sources.
- The first commercial search offering designed to keep pace with today's Big Data and cloud-based systems, while still delivering information from traditional enterprise systems such as relational databases, enterprise content management and customer relationship management solutions. InfoSphere Data Explorer brings Big Data out of the lab and onto the desktops of front-line employees, allowing organizations to enhance the customer experience.
- InfoSphere Data Privacy for Hadoop allows clients to anonymize data in Hadoop, NoSQL and relational systems. With data activity monitoring capabilities, the technology can also help organizations prevent unauthorized access of confidential information stored in Hadoop systems.
- IBM PureData System for Hadoop simplifies deployment of Hadoop systems by allowing users to get up and running in hours, rather than days or weeks. Enhancements include built-in archiving tools, simplified administration and higher levels of security than open-source systems. In an audited benchmark conducted by STAC, the Securities Technology Analysis Center, InfoSphere BigInsights for Hadoop has been found to deliver an approximate 4X performance advantage on average over open source Hadoop. This is a critical milestone for clients in a variety of industries who are looking to visualize, access and analyze Big Data to stay competitive.
- The release of an Information Governance Dashboard, which displays confidence levels in data sources in a business-friendly interface. Decision-makers can see confidence levels in their data visualized in a user-friendly way, such as governance policies and data lineage, which fosters trust and greater usage of data and insights.
- A new, smaller configuration for IBM PureData System for Transactions for continuously available transactional databases. The new model offers the same leading performance and appliance simplicity for a fully active, highly available and scalable database platform for the Big Data era.
About IBM Big Data & AnalyticsEach day we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data generated by a variety of sources -- from climate information, to posts on social media sites, and from purchase transaction records to healthcare medical images. At IBM we believe that data is emerging as the world's newest resource for competitive advantage, and analytics is the key to make sense of it. IBM is helping clients harness Big Data & Analytics to provide insights needed to make better decisions, create value, and deliver that value to customers and society. IBM has the world's deepest and broadest portfolio of Big Data & Analytics technologies and solutions, spanning services, software, research and hardware.
For more information about IBM Big Data & Analytics, visit http://ibm.co/bigdataanalytics.Follow IBM Big Data & Analytics on Twitter @IBMbigdata and @IBMAnalytics.