Pennsylvania DEP Accepting Applications For 2014 Environmental Education Grants
Deadline to Apply is Jan. 6, 2014
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) today invited schools, colleges and universities, county conservation districts, nonprofit organizations, municipalities and businesses to apply for Environmental Education Grants to develop programs and projects.
"These grants fund projects that explore many of today's most pressing issues," Acting DEP Secretary Chris Abruzzo said. "Providing opportunities for all Pennsylvanians to increase their understanding of environmental issues fosters life-long environmental stewardship."
The grants provide funding to develop programs and projects that support environmental education about important issues, including:
- Watersheds: Abandoned mine drainage, non-point source pollution and water conservation.
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed Education: Reducing non-point source pollution, such as nutrient and sediment loads; and meaningful educational watershed experiences for students.
- Air Quality: Ground level ozone, transportation and electric generation issues.
- Brownfields: Education and outreach programs in brownfield redevelopment and sustainable communities, along with developing green, open spaces.
- Energy: Educational programs on energy efficiency and conservation; as well as, natural gas, coal, wind, solar and other energy sources and technologies.
- Environmental Literacy: Engaging educators and stakeholders in content standards and field-based environmental education.
- Environmental Education Certification: Developing and implementing institutionalized and community-based certification programs designed for teachers, naturalists and educators working in schools and environmental education facilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts