Alaska Air Group (ALK) Hits New Lifetime High
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Alaska Air Group (ALK) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alaska Air Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ALK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.1 million.
- ALK has traded 512,852 shares today.
- ALK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALK NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ALK: Alaska Air Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. ALK has a PE ratio of 10.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Alaska Air Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for Alaska Air Group has been 690,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alaska Air Group has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.99 and a short float of 4.9% with 6.04 days to cover. Shares are up 64% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alaska Air Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALK's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 79.73% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 81.69% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ALK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALASKA AIR GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALASKA AIR GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.37 versus $3.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.15 versus $4.37).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALASKA AIR GROUP INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Alaska Air Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV