A Greek Siren Song Enchants High Risk Investors
So recently shunned, Greece is now a hot destination for high-risk investors – at least those with an iron-cast stomach. The Athens Stock Exchange General Index (ASE) is up 30% this year as of the end of October. Over the last 18 months it has also topped all national stock benchmarks worldwide, save Venezuela, data compiled by Bloomberg shows.
The outlook for the country has completely changed. I'm very overweight Greece because I find very, very good opportunities, very well-run companies and very cheap valuations. Greece is only just emerging from the crisis. Because they've cut their cost bases so low, the profitability growth is going to be enormous if we get positive GDP growth.And some key economic metrics seem to show the worst may be over. The Foundation for Economic and Industrial, a Greek think tank, research recently compiled some data suggesting the Greek economy has turned a corner or may be close. First off, after a tough summer, Greek economic sentiment indicators have improved in tandem with the euro zone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV