AOL On Originals, AOL’s premium video platform, launched its newest documentary series, city.ballet. today, offering a rare behind-the-scenes look at the day-to-day lives of the elite roster of artists who perform with the New York City Ballet.
Conceived by executive producer and NYCB board member Sarah Jessica Parker, and produced by Pretty Matches Productions and Zero Point Zero Production, city.ballet. offers fans an all-access pass into the country’s largest and most prominent dance company. Each 6-8 minute episode in the 12 episode series, narrated by Parker, takes viewers through a dancer’s journey both on and off the stage. The series is now available at cityballet.com and bonus footage and content, including one-on-one interviews with the dancers and Parker, will also be available throughout the season.
“The dancers of the New York City Ballet are some of the greatest artists, and athletes, in the world, and as a former dancer and life-long fan of ballet, I am thrilled to be able to open the door to this remarkable institution to viewers of the AOL On Network,” said Parker. “By inviting people into this very special and rarely seen world, I hope the dancers’ own passion and dedication to ballet, one of the most demanding and difficult pursuits in all of the arts, will help to cultivate the next generation of ballet audiences,” said Parker.
The series is brought to you by Citi, the ThankYou Preferred Card, which rewards cardmembers for doing what they love by offering 2 points per dollar spent on dining out and entertainment. The series began filming during NYCB’s annual summer residency at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in July 2013. Shooting continued through NYCB’s 2013 fall season rehearsal period and performances at Lincoln Center’s Rose Building rehearsal studios and David H. Koch Theater, which has been the home of the New York City Ballet since 1964.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV