Timber REIT Weyerhaeuser ( WY) is basically a leveraged bet on the housing sector -- one with hugely tax advantaged income streams. Weyerhaeuser owns 6 million acres of timberland concentrated in the South and the Pacific Northwest, which it uses to parlay into wood products, cellulose fibers, and real estate. The biggest part of the business, timber harvesting, doesn't get taxed. Instead, at least 90% of earnings must be passed onto investors in the form of dividend income.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV