- 96.7 percent reduction (95% CI; 80.9, 99.8) in the combined incidence of high-grade cervical/vulvar/vaginal disease [CIN (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia) 2/3+, VIN (vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia) 2/3+, and VaIN (vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia) 2/3+] caused by HPV types 31, 33, 45, 52, 58 (1 case in the group that received V503 vs. 30 cases in the group that received GARDASIL [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant]).
- 97.1 percent reduction (95% CI; 91.8, 99.2) in the combined incidence of cervical/vulvar/vaginal disease of any grade (all CIN, VIN, VaIN) caused by HPV types 31, 33, 45, 52, 58 (3 cases in the group that received V503 vs. 103 cases in the group that received GARDASIL).
- 96.0 percent efficacy (95% CI; 94.4, 97.2) against six-month persistent HPV infection with HPV types 31, 33, 45, 52, 58 (35 cases in the group that received V503 vs. 810 cases in the group that received GARDASIL).
Merck’s Investigational 9-valent HPV Vaccine, V503, Prevented 97 Percent Of Cervical, Vaginal And Vulvar Pre-cancers Caused By Five Additional HPV Types, In Phase III Study
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.