Workplace Of The Future Contest Winner, Joe Filippelli, Created Vertical Flux-a Comfort-based Approach To The 2020 Workplace With Fluctuating Atmospheres (perspective 1).(Photo: Business Wire)
With concepts that span the re-imagining of office furniture to managing employee health through temperature and light to maximizing multifunctional space, more than 200 architects and designers have helped answer the question: how will we work in 2020?
Workplace of the Future contest winner, Joe Filippelli, created Vertical Flux-a comfort-based approach to the 2020 workplace with fluctuating atmospheres (perspective 1).(Photo: Business Wire)
Architecture and design visionaries shared their insights as part of a contest hosted by Business Interiors by Staples, the furniture and interior design division of Staples Advantage, and Metropolis, the magazine of architecture, culture and design. The Workplace of the Future design competition challenged students, emerging designers and industry professionals to submit innovative concepts for the 2020 workplace.
Designers focused on a number of trends, including:
- Reclaiming urban space: Capitalizing on vacant building spaces in cities to provide workplaces for businesses, traveling workers and anyone in need of a productive work environment.
- Re-imagining office furniture: Rethinking the way furniture is designed to facilitate mobile, pop-up workstations with self-sufficient, self-powering capabilities and interactive technology interfaces.
- Employee-centric design: Creating all-encompassing workplace environments that consider comfort, sustainability and health of employees.
- Hyper-collaboration: Pushing workspace layouts beyond conventional collaborative models to focus on interdisciplinary, multi-company and multifunctional arrangements that take the co-working trend to the next level.
Winning DesignsBusiness Interiors by Staples awarded the winner, Joe Filippelli (Seattle, Wash.) $7,500 for his Vertical Flux concept that radically re-imagines office space as a series of atmospheres where occupant comfort and health are at the forefront. This new approach focuses on thermal comfort made possible by advances in technology, as well as natural properties of temperature and light, to create fluctuating environments and comfort zones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV