HOUSTON, Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GSE Holding, Inc., (the "Company" or "GSE") (NYSE:GSE) the leading global provider of highly engineered geosynthetic containment solutions for environmental protection and confinement applications, today announced that Charles A. Sorrentino, a current member of the Board and interim President and Chief Executive Officer, has been appointed the Company's permanent President and Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Prior to his engagement at GSE, Mr. Sorrentino served as President & CEO for Houston Wire & Cable, a NASDAQ company from 2006 until his retirement in 2011.
Daniel Storey has been appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for GSE. Mr. Storey had served as Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller of GSE since May of this year. Prior to joining GSE, Mr. Storey served in numerous senior management positions within Hewlett Packard's global accounting network. Mr. Storey will replace Michael Kirksey who has accepted a new position with another company and will resign from GSE. After transitioning his responsibilities to Mr. Storey over the next several weeks as GSE completes its third quarter Form 10-Q, Mr. Kirksey will provide consulting services to the Company through the end of the year.
Said Sorrentino, "I am excited about the opportunity to lead such a fine organization as GSE. During the last few months our management team began a number of new initiatives that are just now beginning to impact our business. It's great that I will now be in a position to experience the success of these initiatives. A special thanks to Mike for all that he has done for GSE. We wish him the best in his new position. Furthermore, I want to congratulate Daniel on his promotion to CFO and I know that his strong financial skills coupled with a very positive outlook for our Company will serve well all of our stakeholders."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV