Metamorphosing Beast Center-stage In Sony Game
"Knack" marks a departure for Sony games' image, more famous for battle and adult action genres.
Designers experimented with an over-sized remote controller to test how the buttons felt for tiny hands. "Knack" targets anyone from 7 to 70, according to Sony. The game can be played in easy or difficult mode, or a combination, allowing parents to play together with kids.
"That was what made 'Knack' so appealing. It can be played by pretty much anyone on the easy setting," said Brian Ashcraft, senior contributing editor for New York-based Kotaku blog specializing in games.
But Yusuke Watanabe, senior producer at the Japan Studio of Sony Computer Entertainment, the company's game unit, acknowledged one disadvantage for a character with thousands of parts."It's going to be so hard making a mascot figure," he said with a laugh. __ Follow Yuri Kageyama on Twitter at twitter.com/yurikageyama
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV