6. New Belgium Brewing
Fort Collins, Colo.
2012 production: 765,000 barrels
Co-founder and brewery head Kim Jordan just finished selling the company's shares to her employees to ensure its longevity and independence. Its growth from 495,000 barrels in 2008 will only increase further once the brewery's new facility in Asheville, N.C., is complete. Its Fat Tire Amber, Ranger IPA, Shift Pale Lager, Lips of Faith experimental series and seasonals including its Pumpkick pumpkin ale and Accumulation White IPA are appearing in an increasing number of states and its commitment to its original mission of melding Belgian and Western U.S. brewing techniques remains intact. If its recent series of commercials on Hulu are any indication, expect to see a lot more of New Belgium in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV