October was the biotech sector's worst month in 2013.
"Worst" is relative in an otherwise unbelievable year for biotech stocks, but as you can see from the chart above, our little corner of the market was beat by the S&P 500 in October.
I probably had something to do with the Catalyst sell off. Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) was the second-best performing stock January through September. And in October: ACAD data by YCharts
Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX): Third-best return January through September. Not in October: nd CLDX data by YCharts
Picking up the pattern? Here's Biocryst Pharmaceutics (BCRX), fourth best until Octoer: ^NBI data by YCharts
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow Adam Feuerstein on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV