Considered an Oscar contender, 12 Years a Slave earned $4.6 million in its third weekend.
Overseas, Disney's (DIS) Thor: The Dark World earned an impressive $109.4 million in its first international weekend. The Marvel superhero sequel opens domestically next weekend.
With the opening of Thor: The Dark World, Disney's cumulative international box office for 2013 has passed the studio's previous international record of $2.303 billion, which was set in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV