Bottom line: these companies are terrific and while their stocks may be expensive, they are better than just about everyone else at what they do and to bail from best of breed this easily seems a little glib and a lot fatuous and I'm just not going there.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long FB.
A Botched Opportunity for ObamacarePosted at 1:39 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Oct. 30 Look, I don't know who is at fault for this disaster of a Web site that's meant to be the portal to the crowning achievement of President Obama's administration, the Affordable Care Act. I don't know if Kathleen Sebelius, the secretary of Health and Human Services, is totally at fault, even as she told Congress today, "Hold me accountable." Nevertheless, if that's the case, than how can you not fall on your sword and quit this very red-hot minute? To hold Sibelius accountable for this travesty is to fire her immediately. Even Michael Brown knew to resign from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, after he botched the federal government's handling of the Hurricane Katrina tragedy. We don't know if Brownie really resigned on his own accord or if he was pushed out by President Bush, but at least he vanished, and that's not a bad idea for Sebelius to at least mull over or perhaps act on.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV