You Need This Much for a Happy Retirement
NEW YORK (MainStreet ) -- The happiest retirees in America earned at least $100,032 in household income during their working years, according to a new report. That's compared to $73,167 for unhappy retirees.
"Unless you can reach this level of earnings, you will not get to some of the key financial points that retirees need to get to in order to have a secure retirement," said Wes Moss, author of the upcoming book, You Can Retire Sooner Than You Think (McGraw Hill Press, 2014).
The 2013 Moss National Money and Happiness Study found that unhappy retirees had homes valued at $273,000.
"Median home value for the happy group was $300,000. After $350,000, there is a marked plateau effect on home value and level of happiness," Moss told MainStreet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV