The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W) (NYSE:BWC) received notification that our team was not selected by the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) as the Management and Operating (M&O) contractor for the combined Y-12 National Security Complex (Y-12) and Pantex Plant contract.
“We are disappointed, as we believe our proposal, including revisions submitted after the Government Accountability Office sustained our initial protest, was the strongest choice, as originally determined by the Source Evaluation Board,” said George Dudich, President, Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc. “We will carefully evaluate information received during NNSA’s debriefing process in determining our next steps. In the interest of ensuring a transparent process, our team agreed to an open, two-part debrief and we hope that will be possible.
“B&W and our partners provide valuable services to NNSA across the entire Nuclear Security Enterprise. We remain committed to making contributions to national security and providing exceptional service to the Department of Energy and NNSA,” said Dudich.
About B&W Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., The Babcock & Wilcox Company is a leader in clean energy technology and services, primarily for the nuclear, fossil and renewable power markets, as well as a premier advanced technology and mission critical defense contractor. B&W has locations worldwide and employs approximately 12,000 people, in addition to approximately 10,400 joint venture employees. Learn more at www.babcock.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV