Another positive for Lumia 1520 is the large screen real estate. Microsoft and Nokia may have a re-designed metro interface that will make better use of the screen area. This would differentiate the new phone from other Lumias, and from competitors like Samsung’s (OTC:SSNLF) Note 3.
Nokia and Microsoft shares should not make big moves based on the Lumia 1520 announcement. Microsoft’s shares are being driven largely by strong quarterly results based on server sales. Nokia’s shares are elevated partly because Nokia is exiting the phone market.
Nokia also has excess cash and will be making moves to boost its position in networking and map services. Still, it is good to see Lumia releasing new products, and should be positive for Microsoft as it takes steps to be relevant again in the mobile marketplace.(Written by Chris Lau, a Kapitall Contributor. All data sourced from Zacks Investment Research.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV