Hedge Fund Manager: Topturn Capital Aligns With Professional Surfer
MONTEREY, Calif., Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Topturn Capital, a boutique investment management firm, aligns with professional surfer Joe Curren in a bold maneuver to take advantage of the SEC's ratification of the JOBS Act and set new precedency in marketing.
"The SECs recent ratification of the Jobs Act has dramatically changed everything," notes Dan Darchuck, Top Turn Capital's Co-Founder and Managing Director. "When our industry leverages the ability to outwardly market alternative investments, things are going to get very competitive very quickly. We just happen to be leading the industry."
In the surfing lexicon, a 'top turn' refers to a surfer's ability to reposition himself back into the momentum of moving water. Topturn Capital's approach to asset management parallels this analogy. With the recent JOBS Act ruling, Topturn was presented with a very unique opportunity to position their company and investment strategy.
"We feel that how we represent our company will change the industry norm," says Greg Stewart, Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Top Turn Capital. "People look at numbers all day everyday. We just brought in The Trojan Horse for our investment strategy by introducing a surfer into the equation."ABOUT TOPTURN Dan Darchuck and Greg Stewart have more than 50 years of combined experience in asset management and have gained recognition for their OMNI-STRAT Fund – an systematic approach to alternative investing utilizing a combination of three distinct strategies which tend to have a low, long-term correlation to stocks. By employing leading economic research and portfolio management technology to develop innovative strategies for managing risk and multiplying return, Top Turn Capital has a proven track record of more than three years and currently manages more than $100 million AUM.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV