Premier, Inc. Introduces Radiation Safety Offerings To Better Protect Patients And Healthcare Workers
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Premier, Inc. (Nasdaq:PINC) has introduced new radiation safety offerings in its contract portfolio to help providers better protect patients and healthcare workers.
Premier's radiation safety solution is a group of quality and cost management product categories to reduce the risks associated with the use of ionizing radiation, including cancer, burns, and other injuries. The comprehensive solution is supported by seven Premier contracted suppliers and includes:
- Physics consulting: A broad range of medical physics services dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the safe and effective use of radiation in medicine. This includes accreditation support, state regulation compliance, and equipment calibration and commissioning.
- Radiation monitoring: Devices used to capture the doses for individuals exposed to ionizing radiation, such as occupational personnel, patients and emergency response teams. This includes monitoring devices used for area/environmental surveys, readers, and accessory items.
- Radiation dose tracking: Solutions to capture and document patient radiation exposure in medical records and national dose registries.
- Radiation dose savings: Iterative reconstruction packages which enable imaging equipment to produce clinically acceptable images with reduced exposure protocols.
Increased attention has been placed on radiation-related medical services due to patient safety concerns, appropriate use criteria, the short- and long-term effects of radiation overexposure, regulatory demands and changes in reimbursement. In fact, several states have adopted legislation to establish requirements for documenting a patient's radiation dose."Now more than ever, providers are seeking the optimal balance between the associated risks and diagnostic benefits of radiation-related medical services," said Deborah Raper, director of clinical product planning for imaging and radiation oncology at Premier. "The challenge is to ensure a balanced approach to the safe use of radiology services that supports the benefits while minimizing the risk to patients, workers and public health."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV