Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW)
- AAWW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.2 million.
- AAWW has traded 485,746 shares today.
- AAWW is up 3.1% today.
- AAWW was down 23.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AAWW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AAWW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AAWW: Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating solutions. It operates in four business segments: ACMI, AMC Charter, Commercial Charter, and Dry Leasing. AAWW has a PE ratio of 10.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings has been 198,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Atlas Air Worldwide has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.53 and a short float of 3.1% with 1.60 days to cover. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $73.79 million or 8.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HLDG INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.63%.
- AAWW, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.26, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Air Freight & Logistics industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.12 is sturdy.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HLDG INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.