NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer looked at some of Friday's biggest headlines and thinks Ford (F) has been stuck in a trading range, despite putting up solid sales numbers and earnings results.
Ford, a holding in his charitable portfolio, Action Alerts PLUS, has been doing well in the U.S. and Europe. But Cramer suggested speculation over CEO Alan Mulally leaving the company could be holding the stock back. Cramer believes Mulally will remain at the helm through 2014.
Switching gears, Cramer said he likes The Container Store (TCS), which made its public debut on Friday.
He stressed this speculation "is so untrue." However, Cramer said it would make more sense if the telecom giant satisfies its need for growth by making more acquisitions in Latin America. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV