NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer looked at some of Friday's biggest headlines and thinks Ford (F) has been stuck in a trading range, despite putting up solid sales numbers and earnings results.
Ford, a holding in his charitable portfolio, Action Alerts PLUS, has been doing well in the U.S. and Europe. But Cramer suggested speculation over CEO Alan Mulally leaving the company could be holding the stock back. Cramer believes Mulally will remain at the helm through 2014.
Switching gears, Cramer said he likes The Container Store (TCS), which made its public debut on Friday.
He stressed this speculation "is so untrue." However, Cramer said it would make more sense if the telecom giant satisfies its need for growth by making more acquisitions in Latin America. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV