Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The all-time high list is littered with stocks of all kinds, and that breadth is one of the things that makes this rally so delicious, Jim Cramer said Monday on "Mad Money".
What is breadth? That is when stocks from many different sectors are all participating in a rally. With the S&P 500 up over 20% for the year, that's clearly what we have in today's markets, said Cramer.
Know Your IPOIn the "Know Your IPO" segment, Cramer sat down with Scott Culter, head of Global Listings at NYSE Euronext (NYX), to discuss the initial public offering market and the hotly anticipated Twitter IPO, which will begin trading soon under the ticker TWTR. Culter said companies like Twitter choose to list their stocks on the New York Stock Exchange because of the quality execution and its unparalleled access to the global markets. He said the transparency of IPO is also important to investors as everyone can see the process of choosing a fair opening price. When asked about that first 30 minutes after the market open when IPOs are waiting to open, Culter explained that during that period the specialist is working with the underwriters of the IPO, along with the traders on the floor and those using the online platforms, to determine the right time and price to open trading. The goal, he said, is a balance that teases out lots of buyers and sellers and it's a delicate dance that the NYSE does better than anyone else.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV