Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Carbo Ceramics (CRR) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Carbo Ceramics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CRR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.2 million.
- CRR has traded 286,018 shares today.
- CRR is down 3% today.
- CRR was up 28.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRR NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CRR: CARBO Ceramics Inc. manufactures and sells resin-coated ceramic and resin-coated sand proppants primarily used in the hydraulic fracturing of natural gas and oil wells in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. CRR has a PE ratio of 29.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Carbo Ceramics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for Carbo Ceramics has been 228,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Carbo Ceramics has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 27.1% with 10.02 days to cover. Shares are up 24.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Carbo Ceramics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CRR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.80, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CRR's share price has jumped by 66.98%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CRR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CRR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 11.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CARBO CERAMICS INC's earnings per share declined by 48.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARBO CERAMICS INC reported lower earnings of $4.59 versus $5.61 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 31.4% in earnings ($3.15 versus $4.59).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $31.92 million to $16.31 million.
- You can view the full Carbo Ceramics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about CRR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV