Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:49 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Monday.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Time Warner Cable (TWC) to buy from hold. Cramer said the analyst's reasoning of "it's more than likely not to be acquired by Charter Communications (CHTR)," had a shocking amount of uncertainty to it. TWC was unchanged at $123.15.
Barclays upgraded Occidental Petroleum (OXY) because it may break up its business segments, a move Cramer believes would add "$30 [per share] more." OXY rose 2.2% to $97.73.Cramer is taking a wait-and-see approach to Consol Energy (CNX) despite Morgan Stanley's enthusiasm on the company's shift to natural gas from thermal coal. CNX was 3.1% higher at $37.76. Cramer called Sysco's (SYY) better-than-expected earnings report a "nice surprise." "This could be the beginning of a big move," he said. SYY jumped 4.3% to $33.96. Lumber Liquidators (LL) appears to be near breakout levels, Cramer said, with margins that are better than expected. LL rose 3.7% to $116.14. Piper Jaffray downgraded NetApp (NTAP) to hold from buy because "there is a lot of government business here and NetApp will be hurt," Cramer said. He added that a lot of tech companies have been hit hard due to their exposure to the federal government. NTAP fell nearly 1% to $38.75. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV