BEIJING, Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Yongye International, Inc. (NASDAQ: YONG) ("Yongye" or the "Company"), a leading developer, manufacturer, and distributor of crop nutrient products in the People's Republic of China ("PRC"), today announced that it will hold its 2013 Annual Meeting of stockholders on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. (China Time). The 2013 Annual Meeting will be held at the Company's offices, located at Jinshan Economic Development Zone, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia, the People's Republic of China.
Shareholders of record at the close of business on October 4, 2013 are entitled to vote at the meeting. The proxy statement and the Company's 2012 annual report are available on the Company's website at www.yongyeintl.com.
The main purposes of the 2013 Annual Meeting include the following:
- To elect five directors, including Mr. Zishen Wu, Dr. Xiaochuan Guo, Mr. Sean Shao, Dr. Xindan Li, and Dr. Rijun Zhang; and
- To ratify appointment of KPMG as the Company's independent accountants for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013.
Because the expected meeting date for the 2013 Annual Meeting represents a change of more than thirty days from the anniversary of the Company's 2012 annual meeting of shareholders held on June 8, 2012, the Company has set a new deadline for the receipt of shareholder proposals submitted pursuant to Rule 14a-8 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act") for inclusion in the Company's proxy materials for the 2013 Annual Meeting. In order to be considered timely, such proposals must be received by the Company at its principal executive offices at 6th Floor, Suite 608, Xue Yuan International Tower, No.1 Zhichun Road, Haidian District, Beijing, PRC, Attention: Corporate Secretary no later than November 8, 2013, and must comply with the applicable requirements of Rule 14a-8 regarding the inclusion of shareholder proposals in Company-sponsored proxy materials and with our bylaws. This deadline will also apply in determining whether notice is timely for purposes of exercising discretionary voting authority with respect to proxies for purposes of Rule 14a-4(c) under the Exchange Act.Yongye would like to reiterate that there will be a separate special stockholders' meeting to vote on the recently announced proposed go private transaction. This will be held at a future date and the Company will distribute a separate proxy statement to its shareholders in connection therewith.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV