Glu Mobile (GLUU) Marked As A Dead Cat Bounce Stock
- GLUU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.7 million.
- GLUU has traded 171,724 shares today.
- GLUU is up 3.5% today.
- GLUU was down 10.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GLUU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GLUU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GLUU: Glu Mobile Inc. develops and publishes a portfolio of action/adventure and casual games for the users of smartphones and tablet devices. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Glu Mobile a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Glu Mobile has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Glu Mobile has a market cap of $295.3 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 3.58 and a short float of 27.7% with 2.40 days to cover. Shares are up 66.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Glu Mobile as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.88 million or 219.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- In its most recent trading session, GLUU has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry average. The net income increased by 2.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$2.99 million to -$2.92 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, GLU MOBILE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GLU MOBILE INC is currently very high, coming in at 71.33%. Regardless of GLUU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GLUU's net profit margin of -11.94% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Glu Mobile Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.