Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified CBOE Holdings (CBOE) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CBOE Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CBOE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.5 million.
- CBOE has traded 732,171 shares today.
- CBOE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBOE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBOE NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CBOE: CBOE Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates markets for the trading of listed derivatives. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. CBOE has a PE ratio of 25.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate CBOE Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for CBOE Holdings has been 566,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. CBOE has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.93 days to cover. Shares are up 69.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CBOE Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, CBOE is up 73.67% to its most recent closing price of 50.28. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 19.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $38.50 million to $46.16 million.
- The gross profit margin for CBOE HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- You can view the full CBOE Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about CBOE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV