The average sales price for crude oil and natural gas liquids in the third quarter 2013 was $104 per barrel, up from $98 a year earlier. The average price of natural gas was $5.88 per thousand cubic feet, compared with $6.03 in last year’s third quarter.
Net oil-equivalent production of 1.93 million barrels per day in the third quarter 2013 was up 51,000 barrels per day, or 3 percent, from a year ago. Production increased primarily due to lower maintenance-related downtime at Tengizchevroil and project ramp-ups in Nigeria and Angola, partially offset by normal field declines. The net liquids component of oil-equivalent production increased 2 percent to 1.28 million barrels per day, while net natural gas production increased 3 percent to 3.91 billion cubic feet per day.
|Three Months||Nine Months|
|Ended Sept. 30||Ended Sept. 30|
|Millions of Dollars||2013||2012||2013||2012|
U.S. downstream operations earned $249 million in the third quarter 2013 compared with earnings of $456 million a year earlier. The decrease was mainly due to lower margins on refined product sales and higher operating expenses reflecting repair and maintenance activities at company refineries. The decrease was partially offset by higher earnings from the 50 percent-owned Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV