The company’s average sales price per barrel of crude oil and natural gas liquids was $97 in the third quarter 2013, up from $91 a year ago. The average sales price of natural gas was $3.23 per thousand cubic feet, compared with $2.63 in last year’s third quarter.
Net oil-equivalent production of 655,000 barrels per day in the third quarter 2013 was up 18,000 barrels per day, or 3 percent, from a year earlier. Production increases in the Delaware Basin in New Mexico and the Marcellus Shale in western Pennsylvania, along with the absence of weather-related downtime in the Gulf of Mexico, were partially offset by normal field declines elsewhere. The net liquids component of oil-equivalent production increased 2 percent in the 2013 third quarter to 448,000 barrels per day, while net natural gas production increased 5 percent to 1.24 billion cubic feet per day.
|Three Months||Nine Months|
|Ended Sept. 30||Ended Sept. 30|
|Millions of Dollars||2013||2012||2013||2012|
|*Includes foreign currency effects||$||(188||)||$||(252||)||$||259||$||(241||)|
International upstream earnings of $4.07 billion increased $49 million from the third quarter 2012. The increase between quarters was primarily due to higher volumes and realizations for crude oil, largely offset by the absence of a 2012 gain of approximately $600 million from the sale of an equity interest in the Wheatstone Project, and higher operating expenses in the current period. Foreign currency effects decreased earnings by $188 million in the 2013 quarter, compared with a decrease of $252 million a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV