Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B) Moving On Heavy Volume In The Pre-Market Hours
- RDS.B has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.4 million.
- RDS.B traded 268,925 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:09 AM, representing 23.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RDS.B with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RDS.B NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RDS.B: Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an independent oil and gas company worldwide. The company explores for and extracts crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.9%. RDS.B has a PE ratio of 9.2. The average volume for Royal Dutch Shell has been 793,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shares are up 2.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Dutch Shell as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RDS.B's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC reported lower earnings of $8.50 versus $9.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($14.79 versus $8.50).
- In its most recent trading session, RDS.B has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.