AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner will feature the new INDYCAR version of the EFR-7163 (Engineered For Racing) turbocharger and its complete line of AirWerks™ series turbochargers at the 2013 SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center on November 5 - 8. Located in the Performance and Racing Section in booth 21637, BorgWarner will also host:
- 2013 Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan : Tony will sign autographs from 10:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. on November 5, and from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. on November 6.
- Borg-Warner Trophy™: The iconic trophy will be on display from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on November 5 and 6.
- FX Motorsports Development (FXMD) Acura: Earning the title of Fastest Time Attack Vehicle in the United States with a record 1 minute 40 seconds at the 3-mile Buttonwillow Raceway Park Super Lap Battle, the FXMD Acura will also be on display from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on November 5 and 6.
"We are pleased to welcome Tony Kanaan and the FXMD Acura to SEMA," said Frederic Lissalde, President and General Manager, BorgWarner Turbo Systems. "Their competitive performance drives them to take the lead on the racetrack. This same spirit drives everyone at BorgWarner to create and deliver our innovative technologies."
During the SEMA Show, BorgWarner will feature its compact EFR-7163 turbocharger, the official turbocharger of the 2014 IZOD IndyCar ® Series season. The EFR-7163 turbocharger combines the responsiveness and compact packaging of a B1 turbocharger with greater flow capacity to achieve up to 550 horsepower. The lightweight Gamma-Ti mixed-flow turbine features innovative geometry to increase turbine flow while the optimized compressor wheel manages as much flow capacity as a larger conventional wheel. The lightweight aluminum bearing housing also reduces the turbocharger's overall weight by approximately 2 pounds.In addition, BorgWarner will present its current EFR turbocharger line, which features race-proven Gamma-Ti turbine wheel technology with a range of units supporting 225 to 1,000 horsepower per turbocharger, as well as its AirWerks turbocharger line, which includes the competition-ready S and K series supporting a range of 145 to 1,700 horsepower per turbocharger. For more information, visit borgwarnerboosted.com. About BorgWarner Auburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a technology leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrain applications worldwide. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 56 locations in 19 countries, the company develops products to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA, and MAN. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com. The Borg-Warner Trophy is a trademark of BorgWarner Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV