The finalists for the 2013 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition included:
- Melrose-Mindoro FFA, Melrose, WI: 1953 Super H Farmall (Grand Prize Winner)
- Newton High School FFA, Newton, KS: 1958 Oliver 770 Diesel (Reserve Prize Winner)
- Iowa Park High School, Iowa Park, TX: 1976 John Deere 2240 (Third Prize Winner)
- Dubiski Career High School FFA, Grand Prairie, TX: 1957 John Deere 420 (Best Video Winner)
- Cotton Center FFA, Cotton Center, TX: 1952 Ford 8N
- Cuero FFA, Cuero, TX: 1968 Case 1030 Comfort King
- Era High School FFA, Era, TX: 1958 Fordson EIA New Major
- Eufaula FFA, Eufaula, AL: 1939 Ford 9N
- Rogers FFA, Rogers, TX: 1947 Minneapolis Moline RTU
- Southmont FFA, Crawfordsville, IN: 1949 Farmall Cub
- Southwest FFA: San Antonio, TX: 1953 Allis Chalmers G
- Wise County 4H, Rhome, TX: 1946 McCormick W-9
About the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition
Since 1995 the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition has rewarded the determination, mechanical skills and business savvy of high school-aged tractor restoration experts from around the country. Through the restoration of an antique tractor, participants develop skills applicable to the modern business world. The skills needed for success in the program – equipment maintenance, teamwork, project management, budgeting, planning and marketing – help develop the participants into future leaders in the agriculture community.
All entrants to the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition were required to submit a workbook detailing the entire tractor restoration process, from mechanical overhauls of the engine, transmission and auxiliary and ancillary systems, to the external appearance of the tractors. The 12 finalists were invited to the National FFA Convention in Louisville to present their projects to a panel of five professional tractor restorers. Projects were graded on restoration process, results and documentation, as well as oral presentation and safety precautions.