Highlights of the app updates include:
- Local Explorer – The Groupon experience now follows customers as they travel, whether a city away or to a different country. The apps now automatically detect when a mobile customer’s location has changed and send a notification when they are in range of Groupon’s local deals. Inside the app, local deals are automatically selected based on the customer’s current location rather than just their home town.
- Enhanced UX – Like the website, the search bar has been elevated to the top of every screen to provide quick access. The redesigned iPad app also sports a new home page that, like the website’s new home page, presents personalized collections of deals to explore.
- Deal “Favoriting” – iPad customers can now “favorite” deals to save them for quick and easy future reference by selecting the new heart button on the deal pages.
- Additional Markets – The iPad expansion now includes 12 additional markets: Austria, Chile, Colombia, French Canada, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia and Thailand.
With these faster, easier and more personalized ways for consumers to explore and buy deals, Groupon is kicking off its five-year birthday celebration. The party continues all month with special offers and a brand new Gift Shop on the website and in the iPhone and Android mobile apps. Just in time for the holiday shopping season, the Gift Shop features unique collections and gifts from local businesses, Groupon Goods and Groupon Getaways.
“Groupon" is a registered trademark of Groupon, Inc. All other names used may be trademarks of their respective holders.
About GrouponGroupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. Groupon is reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deals, payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. With Groupon, shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. To subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com. B-roll Available: https://vimeo.com/78294337
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV