Groupon today announced a completely redesigned website, as well as updated versions of its popular iPhone, Android and iPad mobile apps, all with new features aimed at making it easier than ever for customers to shop Groupon’s vast selection of local deals.
Groupon has a new website with features aimed at making it easier than ever for customers to shop Groupon's marketplace of deals. (Photo: Business Wire)
“In just five years, Groupon has grown from a daily deal website to a true online marketplace with a tremendous mobile following,” said Groupon CEO Eric Lefkofsky. “Our new site and mobile app makes it easier and more rewarding for customers to check Groupon first when they want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere.”
The latest versions of the website and mobile apps make it simple for customers to search and browse Groupon’s tens of thousands of offers to find the exact deal they want, when they want it. In addition to a range of new search, browse, merchandising and location features, the website is now much faster and has a sophisticated new look and feel, with uncluttered presentation and bolder imagery. Together, these create a significantly enhanced shopping experience for the best deals on things to see, eat, do and buy.
Specific highlights of the new website include:
- Personalized Homepage: Curated collections of deals based on the customer’s interests, previous purchases, purchases by other customers with similar interests, and provide doorways into different areas of Groupon’s massive inventory of deals.
- Enhanced Search and Browse: A prominently displayed search bar at the top of every page along with type-ahead suggestions allow customers to easily find deals on demand.
- Cross-Channel Search Results: Search results span all Groupon offers from local deals to places to travel to goods to restaurant reservations and live events for the most interesting and personally relevant deals for each customer.
- Robust Search Filters: For every search or browse click, the results are displayed along with a set of easy-to-use filters that simultaneously showcase Groupon’s selection of deals and enable customers to drill deeper into specific categories and collections based on their interests.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV