NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The stock market remains fundamentally overvalued and the weekly charts for the major averages are overbought except for the Dow Industrial Average. New all time highs or multi-year highs were set as October came to an end.
The stock market has been trading under the cloud of a ValuEngine valuation warning since mid-May and today we show that 77% of all stocks overvalued, which is well above the 65% warning threshold. Technically, three attempts to confirm cycle highs were thwarted as all five major averages did not shift to having negative weekly chart. We enter November with four of the five with overbought 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastic with readings above 80.00.
As I have been saying; 'if you cannot confirm cycle highs, new highs will follow.' My market pulse shows the latest market highs and the upside potential to risky levels and the downside risk to value levels.
The weekly chart for Dow industrials is positive with its five-week modified moving average at 15,362.70. The weekly chart for the S&P 500 is positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at 1719.16. The weekly chart for the Nasdaq stays positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at 3824.00. The weekly chart for Dow transports is positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at 6742.39. The weekly chart for the Russell 2000 remains positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at 1083.84. My new monthly pivot is 6927 on Dow transports with monthly risky levels at 16,162 Dow industrials, 1802.0 S&P 500, 4014 Nasdaq and 1133.14 Russell 2000. Semiannual and quarterly risky levels are 16,490 and 16,775 Dow Industrials, 1853.8 S&P 500, 4025 Nasdaq, 7104 and 7205 Dow Transports and 1163.21 Russell 2000. Semiannual pivots are 1743.5 S&P 500, 3759 Nasdaq and 1089.42 Russell 2000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV