GOLDEN, Colo., Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Golden Minerals Company ("Golden Minerals" or the "Company") (NYSE MKT: AUMN) (TSX: AUM) announces that its board of directors has established a board committee to plan for the succession of senior management of the Company. Golden Minerals Company's Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Jeffrey G. Clevenger, is currently 64 years old. The Committee will be reviewing internal and external candidates to ensure the smooth transition of the leadership of the Company.
Separately, the Company announces that Mr. David Drips, Vice President and General Manager Velardena, who has been responsible for the Velardena operations in Mexico, has left the Company in order to pursue other interests. Mr. Clevenger commented, "Dave Drips has been the cornerstone of our operational activities for the past four years and we wish him the very best with his pursuit of his career objectives."
About Golden MineralsGolden Minerals is a Delaware corporation based in Golden, Colorado that owns the Velardena Operations in Mexico and the evaluation stage El Quevar project in Argentina. The Company is primarily focused on efforts to develop new operating plans for the Velardena mining operations, to advance El Quevar, and to further exploration as well as continue to monetize and rationalize exploration properties in South America and Mexico. For additional information please visit http://www.goldenminerals.com/ or contact: Golden Minerals Company Karen WinklerDirector of Investor Relations(303) 839-5060 Investor.firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Golden Minerals Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV