- Revenues increased 32.2% to $270.4 million versus $204.5 million a year ago.
- Net income was $14.0 million in the third quarter compared to $3.7 million a year ago. Net Income increased $3.1 million to $14.0 million compared to adjusted net income of $10.9 million a year ago.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 25.2% to $70.0 million from $55.9 million, yielding a margin of 25.9% of revenues compared to 27.3% a year ago. Margins were impacted by revenue mix with a significant increase in new equipment sales compared to a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 14.9%, or $11.6 million, to $89.4 million due to improved rates, a larger fleet compared to a year ago and strong demand.
- New equipment sales increased 84.1%, or $41.2 million, to $90.2 million, largely due to higher crane and earthmoving sales.
- Gross margin was 29.7% as compared to 32.7% a year ago. Rental gross margin increased to 49.6% compared to 48.9% a year ago.
- Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) was 72.3% compared to 72.9% a year ago and 71.0% in the second quarter of 2013. Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) was 66.6% compared to 68.9% last year and 66.3% last quarter.
- Average rental rates increased 5.2% compared to a year ago and improved 0.7% compared to the second quarter of this year.
- Dollar utilization was consistent with the prior year at 36.7%.
- Average rental fleet age at September 30, 2013 was 35.0 months, down from 35.9 months at the end of the last quarter and younger than the industry average age of 45 months.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts