Newcastle Investment Corp. (NYSE:NCT) (the “Company”) today reported the following information for the quarter ended September 30, 2013:
- GAAP Income of $0.09 per diluted share
- Core Earnings of $0.08 per diluted share
- Declared common dividend of $0.10 per share, or $29 million
- GAAP book value of $2.74
The Company’s third quarter GAAP Income was $27.8 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, and Core Earnings was $23.9 million, or $0.08 per diluted share.
Q2 2013 (Pro forma excluding 45 days of New Residential earnings*)
|Summary Operating Results:|
|GAAP Income||$27.8 million||$27.8 million|
|GAAP Income per Diluted Share||$0.09||$0.11|
|Core Earnings**||$23.9 million||$29.0 million|
|Core Earnings per Diluted Share**||$0.08||$0.11|
|GAAP Book Value:||$2.74||$2.73|
For a reconciliation of GAAP Income to Core Earnings, please refer to the Reconciliation of Core Earnings and Pro forma Core Earnings table below. *“Newcastle excluding 45 days of New Residential earnings” excludes the 45 days of earnings in the three months ended June 30, 2013 generated by New Residential prior to New Residential’s spin-off from Newcastle on May 15, 2013. **The Company amended its definition of Core Earnings to exclude acquisition and spin-off related expenses in the third quarter of 2013. The calculation of Core Earnings has been retroactively adjusted for all periods presented.
Had Newcastle’s average uninvested cash balance of $120 million been invested at management’s expected returns since the beginning of the quarter, and if GateHouse debt had converted to equity and GateHouse obtained the anticipated debt facility, the full quarter earnings would have increased by $11 million, or $0.04 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV