The 91st Royal Horse Show Returns To The Ricoh Coliseum This Weekend
The Greenhawk Canadian Cup, Horseware Indoor Eventing and The Ontario Toyota Dealers Royal Rodeo Headline the Royal Horse Show this weekend.
TORONTO, Oct. 31, 2013 /CNW/ - The 91 st Royal Agricultural Winter Fair opens tomorrow, November 1 st, and with it, the prestigious CSI4*-W Royal Horse Show.
Opening weekend in the Royal Horse Show boasts a spectacular lineup of family entertainment and first-rate competition, as well as a very special tribute "A Salute to Those Who Serve" during Friday night's official opening ceremony.
"We have multiple-time defending champions returning in both Horseware Indoor Eventing and the Greenhawk Canadian Cup," said Brian O'Leary, Chairman of the Horse Show. "Competition will be fierce, and when you throw in our British guest-riders Oliver Townend and William Fox-Pitt, it's anybody's game."Entries for the $75,000 Greenhawk Canadian Cup include ten-time Olympian Ian Millar ( Perth, ON), fellow Olympians Jill Henselwood ( Oxford Mills, ON) and Mac Cone ( King, ON), and upwards of 20 others including three-time defending Canadian Champion Yann Candele ( King City, ON). Ainsley Vince ( Burlington, ON), who has represented Canada at three World Cup Finals and is a past back-to-back Canadian Champion will also return to attempt to break Candele's winning streak. Horseware Indoor Eventing blends the skill and accuracy of show jumping with the thrill and adventure of cross-country riding. Indoor Eventing features a modified course of rugged cross-country jumps such as hedges, walls, and a bank, combined with fragile stadium jumps, whose poles and planks are designed to fall at the slightest nudge of a horse's hoof. Penalties accumulate over two nights of competition and at the end the rider with the lowest score overall is declared the Champion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV