Trade-Ideas: Southwestern Energy Company (SWN) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- SWN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $119.9 million.
- SWN is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SWN: Southwestern Energy Company, an independent energy company, engages in the exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil primarily in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Exploration and Production, and Midstream Services. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Southwestern Energy Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 20 rate it a hold. The average volume for Southwestern Energy Company has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Southwestern Energy has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 4.1% with 4.54 days to cover. Shares are up 12.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Southwestern Energy Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 160.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$405.13 million to $245.63 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $505.41 million or 28.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.32%.
- The gross profit margin for SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO is rather high; currently it is at 59.42%. Regardless of SWN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SWN's net profit margin of 28.49% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Southwestern Energy Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.