- Consolidated spending 1 down $700 million year to date, or 13% compared to the first nine months of 2012;
- All-in sustaining costs 4 (“AISC”) of $993 per ounce, down 16% from the prior year quarter;
- Gold and copper costs applicable to sales 5 (“CAS”) of $649 per ounce and $2.63 per pound, down 6% and up 11%, respectively, from the prior year quarter;
- Attributable gold and copper production of 1.284 million ounces and 34 million pounds, up 4% and down 3%, respectively, from the prior year quarter; attributable gold and copper sales of 1.261 million ounces and 35 million pounds, up 4% and down 5%, respectively, from the prior year quarter;
- Revenue of $2.0 billion, a decrease of 20% from the prior year quarter;
- Cash flow from continuing operations of $443 million, a decrease of 23% from the prior year quarter;
- Average realized gold and copper prices of $1,322 per ounce and $3.10 per pound, down 20% and 13%, respectively, from the prior year quarter;
- Sold investment in Canadian Oil Sands Limited for $587 million resulting in a pretax gain of $280 million; and
- Fourth quarter gold price-linked dividend of $0.20 per share 6 based upon the average London P.M. Gold fix of $1,326 per ounce for the third quarter.
Newmont Announces Third Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.