SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Applied Micro Circuits Corporation (Nasdaq:AMCC), also known as AppliedMicro, today announced a collaboration with Oracle Corporation to port Oracle JDK for Linux-based ARMv8 64-bit servers. Oracle will work with Applied Micro's X-Gene TM Server on a Chip TM – the industry's first, and highest performance production grade ARMv8 silicon – to enable and optimize Oracle JDK for enterprise and cloud deployments.
"AppliedMicro and Oracle have enjoyed a solid working relationship for more than a year," said Dr. Paramesh Gopi, AppliedMicro's President and CEO. "Oracle's commitment to X-Gene points to the maturity and performance of our silicon and its readiness for mainstream deployment."
More details may be found on Oracle's and AppliedMicro's respective blog sites at:https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/armtechcon2013 http://www.apm.com/news/blog/ About AppliedMicro Applied Micro Circuits Corporation is a global leader in computing and connectivity solutions for next-generation cloud infrastructure and data centers. AppliedMicro delivers silicon solutions that dramatically lower total cost of ownership. Corporate headquarters are located in Sunnyvale, California. www.apm.com . © Copyright 2013. Applied Micro Circuits Corporation, AppliedMicro, X-Gene, Server on a Chip, and Cloud Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Applied Micro Circuits Corporation Mike Major Phone: (408) 542-8831 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV