With colder weather just around the corner, PECO is completing the work necessary to prepare its electric and natural gas systems to ensure safe and reliable service for customers all winter long. This work helps ensure PECO is ready to meet our customers’ increased demand for electricity and natural gas, and helps to ensure electric reliability and natural gas pipeline safety.
As part of the company’s winter readiness work, PECO has secured natural gas supply and completed filling natural gas storage facilities to serve its nearly 500,000 natural gas customers this heating season.
As part of nearly $90 million the company is investing in its natural gas system this year, PECO has completed 14 projects, which included the replacement of more than 13,000 feet of underground gas main to meet the growing needs of customers. The company also completed 194 projects to replace more than 158,000 feet of existing gas line with new plastic gas main and service line, which enhances safety, is more durable, and improves reliability.
“We are constantly investing in our system to ensure we meet the needs of our customers and to ensure we provide the reliable electric and natural gas service our customers have come to expect,” said Craig Adams, PECO president and CEO. “As we work to prepare for colder weather, we encourage our customers to do the same, by inspecting heating equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.”Before overnight temperatures begin to routinely dip into the 30s, PECO reminds customers to turn on their heaters and test their systems. PECO encourages customers to schedule a service call for their heater if the system hasn't been inspected and cleaned by a qualified service technician in the past two years. Regular service will ensure the heating system operates safely and efficiently for the season ahead.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV