PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader in improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today introduced the DairyGuard™ milk powder analyzer, a near infrared (NIR) spectrometer specifically developed for food suppliers and manufacturers. DairyGuard is the only system available that tests for unknown adulterants as well as known compounds, such as protein, moisture and fat content. Combined with faster preparation and sampling times that yield real-time results, DairyGuard provides heightened protection from supply chain risks to the safety and quality of milk powder.
The first-of-its kind infrared spectrometer helps ensure quality and safety of milk powder. (Photo: Business Wire)
With growing supply chain complexities and liability for potential recalls, food manufacturers are in need of a turnkey solution to accurately and cost-effectively screen both known and unknown contaminants in milk powder supplies. The DairyGuard analyzer’s preconfigured mathematical models of specific analytical profiles for milk powder – similar to a fingerprint – eliminates the need for upfront instrument configuration. In less than a minute, DairyGuard accurately tells whether a batch is safe to continue into manufacturing or if further analysis is required.
“Milk powder has been identified by many agencies as an ingredient with high risk for adulteration, creating a greater need for all food manufacturers to employ a reliable screening method,” said Sharon Palmer, food director, PerkinElmer. “To avoid food safety issues, such as the melamine incident in 2008, food manufacturers have to screen for not only known contaminants like pesticides and drug residues, but also unknown contaminants that might be unsafe substitutions. DairyGuard will give food suppliers greater confidence in their ingredients and help to ensure a safe end product for the consumer.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV