SAN DIEGO, Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., will power Google's newest Android smartphone, the Nexus 5 with its Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 processor. Available today, the Nexus 5 is the first smartphone to be released with global LTE support and Android 4.4 (KitKat).
The Nexus 5 also utilizes the Qualcomm QFE1100 feature, an important component of the upcoming Qualcomm RF360™ Front End, a comprehensive, system-level solution that allows OEMs to develop a single, global 4G LTE design. The QFE1100 feature is the world's first envelope tracking (ET) technology for 3G/4G LTE devices and offers significant performance improvements, including reduced heat by up to 30 percent and decreased power consumption by up to 20 percent, enabling thinner form factors with longer battery life.
Designed to deliver an outstanding overall user experience, Snapdragon 800 processors enable many of the superior technologies in the Nexus 5, including stunning performance, rich graphics and outstanding battery efficiency. Enabled by Snapdragon processor imaging, the device also will include new Android Camera HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) capabilities, which utilizes Qualcomm Technologies' integrated Image Signal Processor and color science algorithms to enable all-new imaging experiences with burst-mode computational photography.
"Qualcomm Technologies is proud to be selected once again to be at the heart of the latest Nexus device," said
Murthy Renduchintala, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and co-president, QCT. "The latest version of the Android operating system, paired with our top-of-the-line mobile processor, will yield unprecedented mobile experiences with superior LTE connectivity, graphics, and fast performance."
About Qualcomm Incorporated
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV