Medical Action Industries
Another under-$10 health care player that's starting to move within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Medical Action Industries (MDCI), which develops, manufactures, markets and supplies a variety of disposable medical products. This stock has been on fire so far in 2013, with shares up sharply by 129%.
If you take a look at the chart for Medical Action Industries, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways and consolidating for the last month and change, with shares moving between $5.84 on the downside and $6.76 on the upside. Shares of MDCI are now starting to spike higher right off its 50-day moving average of $6.09 a share, and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade above the upper-end of its sideways trading chart pattern.Market players should now look for long-biased trades in MDCI if it manages to break out above its 200-day moving average at $6.67 a share and then once it takes out some more key overhead resistance levels at $6.76 to $7.13 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 98,989 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then MDCI will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $9.50 to $10 a share. Traders can look to buy MDCI off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some key near-term support levels a $5.84 to $5.50 a share. One can also buy MDCI off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV