One under-$10 health care player that's starting to trend within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Symmetry Medical (SMA), which designs, develops and produces medical device solutions and surgical instruments. This stock has been hit by the sellers in 2013, with shares off by 22%.
If you take a look at the chart for Symmetry Medical, you'll notice that this stock has been finding some buying interest over the last two months, each time it's pulled back to around $7.75 a share. That action has started to form a bottoming pattern for SMA near that $7.75 level. Shares of SMA are now starting to challenge its 50-day moving average of $8.20 a share. That move is quickly pushing shares of SMA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV