One under-$10 health care player that's starting to trend within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Symmetry Medical ( SMA), which designs, develops and produces medical device solutions and surgical instruments. This stock has been hit by the sellers in 2013, with shares off by 22%.
If you take a look at the chart for Symmetry Medical, you'll notice that this stock has been finding some buying interest over the last two months, each time it's pulled back to around $7.75 a share. That action has started to form a bottoming pattern for SMA near that $7.75 level. Shares of SMA are now starting to challenge its 50-day moving average of $8.20 a share. That move is quickly pushing shares of SMA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV