TORONTO, Oct. 31, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) today announced an expansion of the CIBC Mobile Payment App to BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 smartphones on the Rogers wireless network, giving more Canadians the opportunity to pay for everyday purchases with their smartphone at the checkout counter.
"Our clients tell us they've enjoyed being among the first in Canada to be able to make everyday purchases at retailers with their mobile device," said Brenda Clark, Vice-President, Payments Innovation and Integration, CIBC. "We are excited to expand our CIBC Mobile Payment App to the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 smartphones on the Rogers network, bringing this new payment experience to even more of our clients."
In November 2012, CIBC used a BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone on the Rogers wireless network to become the first bank in Canada to complete a mobile credit card transaction using the secure SIM card inside an NFC enabled smartphone. The CIBC Mobile Payment App is also available on the Android OS through the Samsung Galaxy S3. Today's announcement represents another step in giving more Canadians a new way to pay for everyday purchases. Additional mobile devices will be added in the coming weeks.
Credit card payments using the CIBC Mobile Payment App are already accepted at thousands of retailers in Canada for purchases under $50 using the same technology used today to accept contactless credit card payments. With the app and a CIBC credit card, clients immediately have access to making mobile payments at some of the most popular retailers in Canada.The app can be downloaded now from the BlackBerry® World™ storefront for clients using BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones on Rogers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV